Choosing a knife with all the top-notch features is not kids’ stuff. If you want to get a knife set with all the premium features, you have to pay a good amount. And most of the people hesitate to do so.
Some peeps use to buy individual knives, and there is perhaps no more naive act than to pay a huge amount on buying individual knives. But what is more pleasing if you get the offer to buy the best knife set under 200? Undoubtedly everyone wants to grab such an amazing offer to complete their kitchen cutlery.
Undoubtedly, all the expensive knives are made using high-quality materials. But this doesn’t mean that the affordable sets are of cheap quality. We will prove that the rational sets are unrivaled in performance than the high-rated ones.
And sometimes they are more likely to stay for a long time. Here you will have a comprehensive list of the knife sets that are under $200.
Indeed this is more satisfying for the kitchen chefs than to present a relishing meal in front of them. Have a glanced look at all of our recommendations and pick up the best one for you.
Our Top Picks For You:
- Knife And Cutting Board Set By Imarku
- A. Henckels International Statement Kitchen Knife Set
- Mercer Culinary Genesis 6-Piece Forged Knife Block Set
- Calphalon Classic Self-Sharpening 15 Piece Cutlery Knife Set
- Wüsthof Gourmet Seven Piece Starter Block Set
- HENCKELS Classic Knife Block Set
- Calphalon 321, 12 Piece Knife Set
- A. Henckels International Statement Kitchen Knife Set
- Mercer Culinary Genesis 6-Piece Knife Set
- Cold Steel Kitchen Classics Whole Set
- TUO 8-Piece Kitchen Knife Set
Reviews of 11 Best Knife Sets under 200:
Here is the detailed note on all the top-rated knife sets that are under $200. Each has a few differences from the other, so read them out in detail.
1. Best Japanese Knife Block Set: Knife And Cutting Board Set By Imarku
Brand: Imarku | Item Dimensions: 14x13x3 inches | Blade Edge: Plain | Blade Material: High Carbon German Steel | Item weight: 9.5 | Stylish Wooden Block: Yes | Product Rating: 4.7 out of 5 |
The complete set from Imaku provides you with an 8″ chef knife, 8″ bread knife, 7″ santoku knife, 8″ slicing knife, 3″ paring knife, 5″ utility knife, 5.5″ kitchen scissors. Not just the knives, but there is also an 8″ knife sharpener rod. So if any of your knives get dull, the solution is also present in the package.
Just bring out the knife sharpener rod and bring your blunt knife into its original state. A 13″ bamboo knife block along with a cutting board are also the parts of this set. And thus, it makes the set an ultimate and the professional one. Just buy one set and fulfill all of your cutting needs.
The package contains almost all the essentials but what about the quality? Don’t worry; the brand is providing premium high-carbon german stainless steel 3Cr13Mov knives, and all are highly resistant to rust and corrosion.
Not just the knives, but the quality is seen even in the bamboo box. Most brands pay attention only to the knives, but you find the best quality in the storage box and cutting board.
You may think that Imarku is providing several knives with other essentials at such a reasonable price, so there may be any difference in the perforation or level of sharpness of the knives. So let us clear that you are going wrong. You won’t feel any difference between the high-rated knives and these.
Each knife has unrivaled sharpness by the process of professional-grade forging. And all of them are precisely tempered, and even the edge is hand polished at 14 to 16 degrees per side. You won’t find any set better than this one for ordinary food processing, depending upon the type of knife present in the package. But we are openly mentioning that if this set is used for chopping larger bones, this may decrease the knife’s life to some extent.
Apart from the functioning, you will surely love the design and high-end finishings. The block is made with bamboo and is safe enough to cover the knives. Plus, a removable cutting board is at the base of the block. Thus the whole set possesses a unique design than any other knife set.
Not just for your use, it is the loveliest gift to present to your parents, friends, relatives who are fond of making relish foods using the kitchen tools.
Above all, you will get a one-year replacement along with 24-hour friendly customer service with this product. Moreover, if you receive a defective item, pick up the phone and contact us. We will solve your problem within a minimal time.
- All the knives in this package are very light in weight and comfy to hold.
- The knives will retain their sharpness for a longer time. And when in need to sharpen, you can use the sharpener included in the package.
- Chopping the bones can decrease the knife’s life, so the whole set is not suitable for chopping bones.
- If not kept with proper care, these knives may catch rust and can become useless.
2. Best Kitchen Knife Set Under 150: J.A. Henckels International Statement Kitchen Knife Set
Brand: HENCKELS | Model: 13550-005 | Item Dimensions: 15.25 x 8.75 x 5.25 inches | Color: Light Brown | Blade Material: Stainless steel | Handle Material: Plastic | Item weight: 8.6 pounds |Wooden Block: yes | Product Rating: 4.7 out of 5 |
In the previous package, ten pieces are available, but this one is with 15 pieces. So if you want a more advanced set with a wide collection of knives, then this is the best one for you. Set
includes 5″ serrated knife to cut the hard-crusted bread, 3″ paring knife to peel off the fruits and slice them out nicely, 7″ santoku knife with a hollow edge, 8″ chef’s knife, 8″ bread knife to cut the bread loaf, and six steak knives each of 4.5″. Note just the knives, but you will also have to sharpen steel, kitchen shears along with a hardwood block to keep all the pieces safe.
Each piece of this package is made using high-quality stainless steel, and the comfy handles are made with plastic. The precision-stamped blades of each knife are durable enough to give you the best experience.
All the blades are made with a professional satin finishing, and they are razor sharpened, thus giving a high-end cutting performance. As the knives are so light in weight, they can easily hold them and use them with comfort. Moreover, the traditional triple-rivet handle is paired with a stainless steel end cap to offer you a perfect balance.
When you come for cooking, each knife in the set will individually serve you with the best services. The items in this package are collectively under $200. Undoubtedly it is the best set to spend for.
- It’s a complete set with all the knives that are necessary to have in a kitchen. Plus, it is super affordable to have such a large set at this rate.
- A simple and sleek design and less weight make these knives easy to use for all age groups.
- The slots made in the knife block are not made to fit all the knives. So you may feel difficulty in its storage.
- Most of the knives that are used regularly may lose their sharpness within no time. So it would be best if you sharpened it regularly; otherwise, they will get blunt.
3. Best Knife Set Under 150: Mercer Culinary Genesis 6-Piece Forged Knife Block Set
Brand: Mercer Culinary | Model: M20000 | Item Dimensions: 10 x 4 x 15 inches | Color: Black | Blade Material: Carbon | Item weight: 8.1 pounds | Block: Tempered Glass Block | Product Rating: 4.8 out of 5 |
This is also the best knife set with boning knife. For those who are looking for something classy with a fewer number of knives, then we recommend you go for this one. As the number of knives is less than the first two mentioned sets, the price is also less than both.
The whole package contains five Genesis knives and a storing block as the sixth piece of the package. Different knives include:
- A 3-½ inch paring knife.
- A 5-inch utility knife.
- An 8-inch bread knife.
- An 8-inch chef’s knife.
- A boning knife with 6 inches.
Mercer Culinary has made this set with a chic glass block to keep the knives safe in it. Not just the block, but the inner items, i.e., knives, are also made with matchless quality.
The ergonomic Santoprene handles add comfort to the knives’ usage, plus it gives them a non-slip grip. Even if you hold the knife with wet hands, the knife will not slip. Moreover, the handle does not get affected when contacted with the hot and cold temperatures.
After the ergonomic handle, the blade is made with high carbon German X50 Cr Mo V15 cutlery steel, which will not attract rust or corrosion. The precision forged construction provides durability and the entire length of the knife, including the handle, remains in a balance.
The taper-ground edge is to provide you easy honing and better performance in cutting and chopping. Moreover, the blades won’t lose their sharpness early and will serve you for a long time. This set has all the professional features and is the best one to provide to the home chefs and the cooking academies.
A limited lifetime warranty is available for this knife set, so you can avail of this if you are not satisfied with your purchase.
- All the knives are well-balanced, thick spined, and solidly forged to give you a better experience than any other set.
- You will not need to sharpen them so early. All the tools will serve you with their original sharpness for so long.
- Not very much resistant to rust, so your knives will get rust spots after some time.
- This package is more attractive and is less in performance than the other sets discussed earlier.
Related>> BEST KITCHEN KNIFE SET UNDER 100 (2021)
4. Best Cutlery Set Under 200: Calphalon Classic Self-Sharpening 15 Piece Cutlery Knife Set
Brand: Calphalon | Model: 1932932 | Item Dimensions: 6 x 12 x 5 inches | Color: Brown | Item weight: 4.7 Pounds | Wooden Block: yes | Product Rating: 4.6 out of 5 |
The next set that we are going to review is from Calphalon with 15 items in it. It includes a 4 ½ inch paring knife, a six-inch serrated knife, a6 inch utility knife, an 8-inch chef’s knife, eight steak knives, and a 7-inch santoku knife. Along with the knives, there are kitchen shears, and a sharpening knife block is also in the package. Here you will not find any bread knife; this set is without the bread knife.
The ceramic sharpeners work well to sharpen the straight-edged knives and the chef’s knife automatically. Steak knives are made with the stamped steel, and others are with high carbon steel, which is resistant to rust stains.
You must know that Calphalon has not just paid attention to making the set good’s performance, but it has also kept the comfort of the user in its consideration. Through the labeled handles, you will find ease in identifying the knives in the block. Plus, there are triple-riveted handles which make the handles non-slip and easy to hold. And the full tang design gives a good balance to the whole length of the knife. Here you will become satisfied with the services of Calphalon by knowing that this set is with a full lifetime warranty. So in case you find any fault or the product is not up to the standard, you can call the brand to help you out in your matter.
- The point that tends people to buy this set is its material used in the manufacturing of these knives and other pieces.
- Comfort is the second thing to prefer in this 15 piece set.
- The main problem that most people face after buying this set is that they start to get rust and within no time. The blades have rust spots and even start discoloration.
- The blades are not sharp enough even at the start. Moreover, the sharpeners in the block are not good enough to sharpen the new blunt knives. So you may have to pick a separate sharpener for this set.
5. Best Quality Knife Set: Wüsthof Gourmet Seven Piece Starter Block Set
Brand: Wüsthof | Model: 1777 | Item Dimensions: 16 x 10 x 5 inches | Color: Black | Blade Edge: Paring Knife | Blade Material: Stainless Steel | Item weight: 5.45 pounds | Wooden Block: yes | Product Rating: 4.6 out of 5 |
Wüsthof has always done something good for beginners, and an example is this seven-piece starter set for beginners. All the above-discussed sets are mainly for professionals who want a heavy set with all the necessary types of knives. But this one seven knives that will work best for all the main tasks of cooking. All the knives of this starter set are with triple-riveted synthetic polypropylene handles, and thus they perfectly resist fading and discoloration. Once you buy this set, you will love the precise laser-cut stamp knives due to their superb quality.
The high carbon steel blades are with razor sharpness and precisely perform the cutting tasks. Apart from their performance, these are very easy to clean. Just hand wash them, and they are ready to store.
The set has a 3-inch spear point paring knife, a 6-inch serrated knife, a 4 1/2 inch utility knife, a 6-inch chef’s knife, a 9inch steel along with kitchen shears, and a block that has nine slots.
Wüsthof has made this set to stay resistant to rust and corrosion. Furthermore, you will get a limited lifetime warranty. This brand has become the choice of the whole of Solingen, Germany, for almost 200 years, and still, people love to have its starter knife sets which are super affordable and durable. We are completing the review by saying that this brand follows all the strictest rules to meet the high standards of quality.
- If kept with proper care, they will serve you for a long time due to their high durability.
- For the beginners, this set gives much flexibility in their preps, and above all, they are super comfy to hold, even for the newbies.
- The shears in the set are not sturdy to give you satisfactory results. They feel so cheap and do not meet the quality standards.
- One thing about which the buyers come to know after opening the package is, the knives are that much light in weight that they seem to be made with plastic. Thus, it looks cheap.
6. Best Professional Knife Set: HENCKELS Classic Knife Block Set
Brand: Henckels | Model: 35342-000 | Item Dimensions: 15.5 x 9 x 5 inches | Color: Black | Blade Edge: Chef’s Knife | Blade Material: Carbon | Item weight: 7 pounds | Wooden Block: Yes | | Product Rating: 4.3 out of 5 |
Want to add an unrivaled set of knives to your kitchen tools? Do you have individual knives but want to have some specific types of top-rated ones? Okay, so we are reviewing HENCKELS’ 7 piece knife set to let you know all about it. Here you will get a 4-inch utility knife, one 7 inches santoku hollow edge knife, one 8 inch chef’s knife, and 9-inch sharpening steel. Kitchen shears and a hardwood block are also there in the set.
You will find these knives made with high-quality German stainless steel, and their fully forged construction gives them extra durability. Their satin-finished blade provides precise cutting features and is not less than the professional knife sets.
Don’t worry about the comfort. These are ergonomic triple-rivet handles that give the user a friendly experience. So spending on this product of Spain is not a bad decision both for beginners and professional chefs.
- HENCKELS’ classic set is undoubtedly a fantastic gift to present to your loved ones who require adding a classic knife set on the countertop.
- The price that the brand is offering is worth the quality of all the knives.
- The slots in the box are not wide enough to properly accommodate all the tools of the set.
- The steel used in manufacturing these knives is very thin, and it may easily get rusted.
Related >>> BEST CHEF KNIFE UNDER 50
7. Best Steak Knife Set Under 200: Calphalon 321, 12 Piece Knife Set
Brand: Calphalon | Model:1924555 | Item Dimensions: 15.13 x 12.88 x 15 inches | Color: Silver | Blade Edge: Serrated | Blade Material: Alloy Steel | Item weight: 7.06 pounds | Product Rating: 4.6 out of 5 |
Calphalon 321 is the set having 12 pieces of knives and other cutlery tools in it. From the first to the sixth product, we found that all the knife sets are made using stainless steel. But here, you will know that the knife set is made with alloy steel. The box carries an 8-inch chef’s knife, 5-inch santoku knife, 6-inch serrated blade knife, 4.5-inch parer, six steak knives, kitchen shears, and a storage block for all these knives.
Block has ceramic sharpeners that can automatically sharpen straight-edge knives. Ergonomic and the full tang design give a perfect balance to the blade and the handle. Additionally, triple-riveted handles give a safe use. All the tools are labeled so that the user easily identifies the needed information at that time. Keep in mind that this set is available with the full lifetime warranty, so you can contact the beans if there is any fault or the product is not satisfactory.
- If kept with proper care, you won’t need any other set for your kitchen.
- The package has all the necessary knives, so you won’t need to buy any individual knife.
- The blades catch rust even after a few days of use.
- The handles may easily get cracked, making the knife difficult to use.
8. Best Overall Knife Set: J.A. Henckels International Statement Kitchen Knife Set
Brand: HENCKELS | Model:35309-000 | Item Dimensions: 10 x 4.5 x 14.5 inches | Color: Light Brown | Blade Edge: Bread Knife | Blade Material: Stainless steel | Item weight: 9.11 pounds | Product Rating: 4.7 out of 5 |
The next knife set we are going to discuss in detail is from HENCKELS. The light brown-colored knife set is made using high-quality stainless steel, just like the ones mentioned earlier. You will get a 3-inch paring knife to peel off veggies and fruits and slice them nicely on buying this set. Furthermore, there will be a 7-inch hollow edge santoku knife, 8-inch bread knife, six steak knives with every 4.5 inches, 8-inch chef’s knife. For sharpening, there is 9-inch sharpening steel and a knife block for storing all the knives.
The full tang triple-rivet handle is enough to give the knives a balanced look. For proper and safe cleaning, the brand recommends you only hand wash the knives. Get in touch with the brand if there is any fault in the set because they offer you a lifetime warranty, but this warranty is limited.
- The knives seem to be razor-sharp, but unfortunately, the knives are not that sharp and need to be sharpened before use.
- The simple and sleek design not just adds elegance but makes it easy to use.
- After just a small duration, the knives may start discoloring and even catch rust spots on the blades.
- The slots of the block do not fit all the knives. Even there is an empty slot for which you may have to arrange a new knife.
9. Best Knife Block Set Under 200: Mercer Culinary Genesis 6-Piece Forged Knife Set
Brand: Mercer Culinary | Model: M20050 | Item Dimensions: 13 x 5 x 15 inches | Color: Black/Steel | Blade Material: Alloy Steel | Item weight: 4.4 Pounds | Block: Wood Block with Tempered Glass | Product Rating: 4.8 out of 5 |
Are you also among those who want to have a set with limited knives but don’t want to compromise on the quality? Mercer Culinary won’t disappoint the quality as they worked hard to present you with the best knife sets under 200.
The package includes five knives and a knife holder. All the knives are an 8-inch chef knife, 8-inch boning knife, 8-inch bread knife, 5-inch utility knife, and a 3.5-inch paring knife. A black-colored set does not provide you quality but keeps the user’s hand in the comfort zone. The ergonomic Santoprene handle is specially made to provide you a non-slip hold. Regardless of the hot and cold temperatures, the handle will not get affected.
The high carbon stain-free German X50 Cr Mo V15 steel doesn’t catch rust and makes the blade clear from all kinds of spots. But this is possible only if you keep the knives with great care. Otherwise, the set is resistant to rust, corrosion, and discoloration. The storage block is made using glass and wood, so it gives a cool appearance.
Precision-forged construction increases the strength, and its full tang provides a perfect balance to the entire length of the knife. For more stability, the knives are taper-ground, and you will have a better honing experience with razor sharpness. The cutting and chopping tasks are not difficult to perform with these knives. In case there is any fault, contact the seller and use the option of the lifetime warranty. But here, the point to note is, the warranty is limited.
- All the knives in the set come with razor sharpness, and you will not need to sharpen them before using them for the first time.
- The block is not just very attractive to place on your countertop, but it is also very easy to clean.
- The worst thing about this set is, the knives start getting rusted even from under the handle.
- All the knives start to lose their sharpness after just a short period. So they are not going to serve you if not sharpened regularly with the knife sharpener.
10. Best Value Knife Set: Cold Steel Kitchen Classics Whole Set
Brand: Cold Steel | Model: 59KSSET | Item Dimensions: 10 x 7.5 x 6 inches | Color: Black | Blade Edge: Serrated | Blade Material: Alloy Steel | Item weight: 4.5 Pounds | Wooden Block: Yes |Product Rating: 4.8 out of 5 |
The tenth that you are going to review is from Cold Steel. The blades are ice-tempered, cryo-quenched, and with precision flat ground 400 series. The handles are specially designed to fit in each sized hand and are comfortable enough to use. The razor-sharp edges will surely amaze you with their performance.
Set is made with six steak knives and a wood stand to store the knives when not in use. Apart from their performance, their cleaning process is also easy. Just hand wash them, and they are ready to use for the second task.
The five components of the package include:
- A Woodblock stand (59KBL)
- One boning knife (59KSBNZ)
- A bread knife (59KSBRZ)
- A chef’s knife (59KSCZ)
- A paring knife (59KSPZ)
- A slicer knife (59KSSLZ)
- A utility knife (59KSUZ)
So if you need these knives, don’t buy the individuals; spend on this whole set. You will get this under $200.
- Most knives easily get a victim to rust, but these cold steel knives stay rust-free if kept with care.
- This set of knives comes extremely sharp out of the box, so they are not required to sharpen before use.
- This is a glass block with this set, so sometimes it came crushed, especially from the corners.
- It is better to go for a set with more pieces than having just six at this price. So the number of pieces is less to pay this amount.
11. Best Kitchen Knife Set Under 200: TUO 8-Piece Kitchen Knife Set
Brand: TUO | Model: TC0710 | Item Dimensions: 13.78 x 2.05 x 3.94 inches | Color: Fiery East | Blade Material: High Carbon Stainless Steel | Handle Material: Pakkawood | Item weight: 8.4 pounds | Product Rating: 4.8 out of 5 |
The most high-priced set in the entire content is this one with eight pieces. Before starting its review, let us tell you that TUO’s Cutlery Fiery Phoenix Series is among the world-best kitchen knives sets by wiki.ezvid.com. Yes, we repeat, the world’s best kitchen knives. The quality used in its manufacturing makes it the best one for professional kitchens and culinary schools. The stainless steel cutlery set includes:
- A 7-inch cleaver.
- A 7 inch Granton Santoku.
- A 5-inch kitchen utility knife.
- A 6-inch chopping knife.
- A 4-inch paring knife.
- 8-inch honing knife.
All-purpose shears and a wooden block is also included in the set.
As the blades in the set are of German high-carbon stainless steel, they will not easily rust. The steel is contacted with high-tech vacuum heat treatment thus to give the best performance. Moreover, the HRC56±2 hardness level is achieved to provide edge retention. Sometimes, the knives’ edge gets chipped easily, but you will not face this problem with this set.
Patent-pending high-density Pakkawood is used in the full tang handle; this provides extra stability. No matter the kitchen temperature, the handle will no way crack, expand, or even shrimp. Are there many features less to make this product your desired one? For more detail, we are also discussing the design of TUO’s rust-resistant knife set. From the striking handle to the curved blade, the whole knife has a full tang handle design to give you comfort and ease.
TUO is caring for its customers and is providing a money-back guarantee. If you don’t feel satisfied with your product, feel free to contact the brand.
- Its luxurious box is the best gift to present to your chef friends and other loved ones.
- The blades are made using German steel and are flawless. And the handles are smooth, made with real wood, and have perfect finishing.
- All the tools are just perfect in weight and the best to carry, even for beginners.
- You may have to sharpen them regularly because they lose their sharpness within very little time.
- A few slots in the block are too small that the knives get stuck in them.
Popular Kitchen Knives Often Included in Knife Sets And Their Uses:
When buying a knife set for your kitchen, you may have to note down all the features and types of knives that a set possesses. Most of the sets comprising seven to eight pieces often have the following types of knives. And these all are considered more in demand according to the needs of every kitchen. Have a look at these types of knives and look for all these when buying a set.
- Chef’s Knife
- Paring Knife
- Santoku Knife
- Bread Knife
- Steak Knife
- Kitchen Shears
Chef’s Knife And Its Use:
A chef’s knife is also called the cook’s knife and is the most important one in all the knife sets. A chef’s knife is one having a long, broad blade along with a straight edge.
The main use of this knife is in chopping. When you are going to make a dish with thicker and harder food items, this is the blade you need at that time. In short, the cook’s knife is mainly for chopping, mincing, and dicing.
Paring Knife And Its Use:
The knife with a short and slim blade is one known as the paring knife. Mainly, the paring knife is used to chop, slice, and cut fruits and veggies. Despite these tasks, you can use it for light work in the kitchen.
Santoku Knife And Its Use:
Santoku knife is for those who want a chef’s knife but in a shorter and thinner blade. The main use is slicing, mincing, and dicing. But this knife is also considered an allrounder and can easily do almost all tasks that a chef’s knife does. Interestingly, it is called the Japanese version of the chef’s knife.
Bread Knife And Its Use:
A bread knife is one having a long, sharp serrated edged blade. As the name suggests, this knife is used to apply on delicate food items like bread. Crusty bread, bread rolls, bagels, and baguettes are made to cut with the bread knife.
Steak Knife And Its Use:
A steak knife is used on the table to cut the cooked food. It can have a serrated, semi-serrated, or non-serrated edge. Moreover, it maintains its sharpness for a long time and is used for cooked chicken, cooked steak, and fish.
Though shears are not a type of knife, they are often included in knife sets; when it comes to snipping herbs, preparing shrimps, sectioning chicken, the kitchen shears are the first choice rather than using any knife. They have strong and thick blades to sort out different types of food ingredients.
Undeniable Things Before Buying Knife Sets:
When buying a knife set for your kitchen, you must have proper knowledge about the points that are of vital importance. Here we have discussed all the prime points for your convenience. Readout these points and use this knowledge when picking a set for your kitchen.
- Forged vs. Stamped
- Number of Knives Included in the Set
- Knife Types
- Knife Quality or Material
- Brand Name
- Handle Material
- Quality of Blade
- Full Tang
- Storage Block
- Size or Material of Knife Block
- Manufacturer’s Warranty
Here is the detail of some of these points.
Forged VS Stamped:
Knives are mainly made in two ways. They may be forged or stamped.
Forged knives are those which are made when contacted with extreme heat. Later they are molded into a specific shape. And these are considered of high-quality as well as of high cost. The blades made with this method are more likely to serve you for a longer time than the other type of knives.
On the other side, stamped knives are made when the steel is punched out using machines. Once the blade is made, the edge is sharpened later.
The main concern of a cook is the sharpness of the knife. If a knife is dull, it is of no use. So when buying a knife set, check out the sharpness of the knives. The best knife set has already sharpened knives, and those knives retain their sharpness for a longer time. Never go for a set with dull knives and need to be sharpened before bringing them in use.
Number of Knives Included in the Set:
What if you choose a product that is not worth the amount you paid? Indeed it is going to hurt you. So before picking up a perfect setting for you, check out the number of knives included in the set. Then relate that number with the amount you are going to pay for the whole set. If you feel that number is satisfying with the set’s cost, then continue buying that set.
If the number of knives is less and the cost is more according to your calculation, don’t go for that set.
On the other side, if the number of knives and other tools included in the set is more and is not justifying the set’s cost, then keep yourself away from such a set as well. That’s so because such a set is surely not meeting the quality standards. Look up the number of knives and then justify it with the cost.
Always pay for the set that has all the necessary knives that are daily in need. These may include a paring knife, serrated knife, bread knife, a chef’s knife, and a santoku knife. Having a set with just these knives is far better than having one with all the knives that are not used daily in the kitchen.
Most of the kitchen knives are made using stainless steel. And stainless steel is not a bad choice to make the knives. Some are of carbon steel, and some with high-carbon stainless steel. Even some brands use ceramic knives. The majority of the buyers prefer stainless steel over carbon-steel because the second one is less durable.
Weight is a main constituent of comfort. So if a knife is normally weighted, it is comfortable to use. Heavy knives are tricky to hold and can even give cuts to the user if not properly carried. So opt for the set that is at the midpoint of the weight. Pick up the set in which all the kitchen knives are neither very lighter nor very heavier. Believe us; if you buy your set by keeping this point in mind, you will surely have the best experience.
With Or Without a Block?
There is not much need for a storage box for the individual knives, or the individual knives don’t even come with any box. In exceptional cases, a box is available. But when you search for a complete set, look that there must be a storage block with the knives. Without the box, you can’t properly store a large number of knives.
Having a good storage block can help you in keeping the knives away from rust.
How To Care For Your Kitchen Knives?
Once you picked up the right set to enlighten your kitchen countertop and to make your tasks easy, now it’s the turn to keep great care for that set, for this must follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- Never forget to dry your knives thoroughly after washing.
- Use the method of hand wash to clean the knives.
- Don’t make the mistake of leaving the blades soaked in water. More importantly, never leave your knives in the dishwasher. It may help knives in catching rust.
- After washing, dry them out using a towel.
- For a better experience, take a bean-sized drop of any neutral oil and spread it all along the blade.
- Once they are properly dry, place them back in the knife block and keep the box in a safe place.
To Sum up,
We have presented 11 excellent options in detail, and you are open to pick up the best one that matches your needs. Go for the set with all the necessary knives and have a storage block to keep the tools safer. We wish you to have a better shopping experience for the best knife set under 200 from our recommended products.